Sheet Metal Mechanic
Posting ID: JP-002179915
• Performs part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, riveting, drilling, and reaming.
• Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions.
• Operates all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
• Clean, strip, prime and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
• Completes all required maintenance records.
• Accurately records time worked on a work order.
• Ability to read work orders, blueprints, and specifications to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
• Knowledge and experience repairing sheet, extruded, or other structural parts of aircraft according to design specifications using hand tools, power tools, and metalworking machinery.
• Ability to read design specifications or examine sample parts to determine fabrication procedures and machines and tools required for repair or installation.
• Trims and files parts to fit and verifies fitting tolerances, using measuring instruments.
• Drills, reams, and countersinks holes in subassemblies, and bolts, rivets, or otherwise fastens subassemblies into structural assembly.
• Installs parts and components, such as incidental plumbing, electrical, rigging, or other functional items, in main structure.
• Confers with other workers to expedite heat-treating, anodizing, or other specified processing of repair parts. Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft.
• May specialize in work, or repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies.
• Communicates with the customer as required.
• Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM).
• Must have knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Ability to lift to 50 pounds.
Sheet metal, Blueprint, Install, Aircraft, Fabrication, Repair, Composite, Hand tool, Aviation
Top Skills Details:
Sheet Metal Fabrication
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 2+ years aviation assembly/sheet metal experience
• Minimum tool list requirement.
• Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications.
• Must be able to use all tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
• Communicates with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts.
• Cleans, strips, primes, and sands structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
• Must be able to accomplish repairs, modifications, drawing changes, etc. at times with little assistance.
• Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications.
• Wiring harness installation experience a plus, but not required.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Matthew Messenger