Posting ID: JP-002051460
This position is accountable for support of purchasing relationships and processes and coordinates material requisitions. The Buyer initiates purchase orders, authorizes releases and interfaces with suppliers. Working under the guidelines from the designate Manager, the position may negotiate price and delivery commitments and schedule supplier deliveries.
• Receives and reviews Bills of Material, Specifications, Purchase Technical Specifications, and creates/processes requisitions for assigned projects and commodities to assure completeness, accuracy and conformance to requirements. Selects reliable sources in accordance with established business unit guidelines, requests bids as necessary, evaluates quotations and makes final supplier selection independently or in consultation with users and Manager.
• Secure competitive quotations as required, and negotiates prices and services that support total cost improvement efforts, and contributes competitive supplies and materials to the overall company efforts. Continually works to maintain and manage Supplier relationships.
• Issues purchase orders in a manner that assures the best combination of value, quality, delivery time, and price.
• Negotiates, secures, and follows-up on supplier commitments that ensure timely deliveries of quality materials. Assures that suppliers satisfy all requirements and special terms and conditions of purchase. Ensures alternative supplier(s) are available in the event a primary vendor is unable to perform per specifications.
• Maintains and provides complete and accurate status reports routinely or on request for all orders issued.
• Prioritizes and follows up on material shortages and delays to ensure timely delivery and minimize production slow-downs or work stoppages.
• Investigates and approves supplier invoice exceptions for payment by the Accounting Department in accordance with established procedures.
• Coordinates and makes the necessary arrangements for processing discrepancies in supplied material, and makes the proper disposition of rejected items. Issues change orders to purchase orders as required on returned items and materials.
• Maintains all purchase order, supplier relationship, and costing information on an appropriately confidential level.
• Perform related purchasing functions such as computer input and issuing of purchase orders, and related correspondence; and associated clerical functions of filing, mailing and documentation control.
• Independently trouble-shoots discrepancies pertaining to purchase orders, requisitions, supplier deliveries, prices, invoices, request for supplier quotations, quality assurance documents, contracts, or other purchasing/supplier related issues.
• Performs day to day liaison and customer service activities with appropriate purchasing and internal personnel.
• May as required be responsible for maintenance of all purchasing related fields on the part master and vendor master data files, and basic data information input.
• Initiates corrective actions to ensure that assigned delivery schedules and/or material reservations are reflected in contract agreements.
Procurement, Purchasing, Erp, Purchase order, buying experience, Negotiation
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Federal/Goverment Procurement purchasing experience would be highly preferred along with knowledge of compliance/liability that comes with these types of projects
Heavy industrial purchasing experience required
ERP/MRP system they use internally is IFS (experience would be helpful but not required)
• Must understand the principles and practice of materials purchasing; database management information systems; inventory management; methods of identifying viable suppliers for a variety of products.
• Must have strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to use PC and software applications such as MS Office (advanced excel) and databases programs.
• Skilled at negotiations to insure effective purchase agreements within budgetary constraints.
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment, work independently, prioritize duties and follow through tasks to completion.
• Must have the ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority and time sensitive projects.
• Must have knowledge of accounting, material/procurement and data processing systems.
High School Diploma or GED Certificate is required. AA degree in business related field or equivalent work experience is preferred.
Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Buyer or Assistant Buyer, principally responsible for commodities involving machining, metal working, steel plate and shapes, electrical materials, and/or maintenance, repair, and operating materials and supplies in a medium to large size job shop environment. The person must have experience with cost/price analysis, bid analysis and analyzing market conditions. He/she must have knowledge of accounting, material/procurement and data processing systems. The person must have experience with all phases of procurement cycle. The individual must have experience with technically specified materials or services preferred.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072