Posting ID: JP-002149853
Currently seeking a Buyer to join the team at a manufacturing company in Clackamas, OR!
Administers agreements for the acquisition of assigned materials. Meets requirements of internal and external customers and has regular contact with all departments and suppliers. Schedules and plans for procurement of direct materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Procures items required for production.
• Reviews and acts upon MRP messages and other SAP reports.
• Maintains SAP databases with regards to order quantities, delivery dates, etc.
• Develops knowledge of products, processes, markets and trends for assigned materials.
• Interfaces with Accounting on invoicing issues, with Manufacturing and Quality to resolve supply and quality issues.
• Expedites purchase orders in order to meet production schedules and customer requirements.
• Develops and maintains excellent supplier relationships.
Skills & Qualifications:
• BS Degree or related experience in manufacturing environment, minimum 5 years in Purchasing.
• International buying experience.
• Knowledge and understanding of MRP (SAP preferred)
• Able to read blueprints.
Qualifications and Competencies:
• Good judgment skills and organizational abilities. Must manage and prioritize multiple demands and projects with little supervision.
• Strong process and communication skills.
• Excellent computer literacy and previous experience with ERP/MRP.
• Inventory planning/scheduling.
• Strong spreadsheet skills.
• Sourcing negotiations.
• Initiative: Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
• Productivity: Manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, meets deadlines, handles information flow.
• Budgets/cost control: Plans for and uses resources efficiently, always looks for ways to reduce costs, creates accurate and realistic budgets, tracks and manages budgets, contributes to budget planning.
• Interpersonal Skills: Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism. Gets along with a wide variety of people.
• Integrity: Continuously demonstrating personal and business ethics and values and pushing this behavior throughout the organization.
• Purchasing/Procurement: Ability to create and maintain strategic relationships with partners, has business and analytical skills to make decisions in the best interest of the organization, possesses industry knowledge, strong category management skills; solid technology, negotiation, and project management skills.
For more info, please contact Deva at 503-403-1882.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072