Posting ID: JP-002051475
This engineer will be a hands-on on the floor. Much like building a car, this person will be taking and configuring assembly floor to be as officiant as possible. The facility assembles massive vacuum and abatement systems that go into Semi-conductor cleanrooms. These systems eliminate harmful chemicals in the cleanrooms. This facility does not have any exposure to these chemicals.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, cost reduction and process improvement through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes, waste prevention, and removal according the guidelines of the Vacuum Technique Production System.
- Active training process, procedures, documentation and traceability to create and sustain the workforce competences within the allocated manufacturing cells.
- Creation and maintenance of SOP (Standard Operating Procedures), technical specifications for manufacturing equipment, test spec.
- Value stream mapping and specification and implementation of in and outbound logistical flows for the manufacturing cells.
- Perform time studies for the assembly processes to create the correct routings and to optimize the balancing of the assembly process.
- Accountable for the definition, setup, preparation and optimization of manufacturing tooling.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience
- Mechanically inclined - This engineer will be on the floor using hand tools such as sockets, wrenches, drills etc...
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Experience with LEAN
- Working knowledge of ERP systems (SAP beneficial)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Experience being a part of Kaizen events
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072