Machine Mechanic And Tool Builder
Posting ID: JP-002348523
The Machine Tool Builder will build custom CNC machines from the ground up.
• Responsible for the quality of work and utilizes familiarity with inspection and other quality assurance techniques to inspect work.
• Analyzes assembly drawings, schematics, and specifications documents and builds accordingly.
• Aligns parts together for bolt, press, thread, and slip assembly and understands the differences and requirements of these and other mechanical assembly techniques.
• Understands dovetail and gib, square-way, linear ball, and other linear alignment systems and assembly.
• Able to proficiently troubleshoot fit or function issues with precision or tight tolerance components.
• Performs various electro mechanical assembly functions such as soldering, assembly of cables and wiring harnesses, re-work of printed circuit boards, and other electrical assembly activities.
• Works closely with engineering to test products (by hand or mechanically), diagnose, and resolve problems that occur during assembly and repair.
• Removes high spots and profile errors to improve feel and motion, as well as cosmetics of mechanical assemblies.
• Understands and follows industry standard techniques when operating precision measuring tools to verify alignment and tolerances of moving parts.
• Can manufacture or rework complex parts using a manual lathe, manual mill, and other stationary machine tools.
• Can follow engineering machine drawings, understands print dimension and tolerancing, and GD & T
• Assembles, sets up, and operates machine to verify function, machine capabilities, and conformance to specifications.
• Follows the production schedule and associated work orders and sales orders to determine assembly requirements.
• Can execute difficult lifts and rotations using overhead cranes safely.
• Can pick and load large or heavy materials using various types of forklifts safely.
• Understands basic Lean principles; follows lean manufacturing systems; participates in continuous improvement initiatives and recommends ways to improve assembly methods and procedures.
Mechanic, blueprint, schematic, hydraulics, pneumatics, power tools, hand tool, troubleshooting, tolerances, prototype, build
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Industrial Shop Experience
Power Tool and Hand Tool Experience
Not Required but Nice to Have:
Basic Knowledge of machining processes, welding processes and hydraulic systems
Potential Job Titles that would Qualify:
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Skylor Elgarico