Job Search & More
Mentor Xpedition PCB Layout Designer
Posted Monday, July 10, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003895685
PCB Layout Designer
Location: 100% Remote
Placement Type: Managed Service
- mentor xpedition- must have!
- PCB Design
- PCB layout
Additional nice to haves:
-Hyperlinx: Acomplete family of analysis tools for high-speed electronic design including electrical design rule checking (DRC/ERC), signal integrity (SI), power integrity (PI) with integrated 2D/2.5D/3D electromagnetic modeling (3D EM)
-EDM: Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) is a controlled metal-removal process that is used to remove metal by means of electric spark erosion
PCB Layout Designers to support satellite constellation program.
As a Sr. PCB Design Engineer, you will participate in the definition and implementation of multiple spacecraft subsystems. This individual will contribute in all phases of system design and production. You must bring a combination of PCB design, assembly, test and fabrication knowledge, cross team functional interdependence, and demonstrable design process experience to the position.
xpedition, mentor graphics, pcb layout, layout, Pcb, Schematic capture, mentor xpedition, schematic, high speed digital, pcb design, hyperlinx, signal integrity, power integrity, electrical design, edm
Top Skills Details:
xpedition,mentor graphics,pcb layout,layout
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience of PCB layout design using industry standard PCB design suites.
- Recent experience using Mentor Xpedition.
- 5+ years experience with high speed circuits.
- Experience with high current density designs.
- Experience managing multiple projects in parallel.
- Experience managing 3rd party layout services.
- Experience testing and debug boards using standard electronics lab equipment.
- ITAR Compliant
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience of PCB layout design using industry standard PCB design suites.
- Experience in developing and design for manufacturing of PCBs deployed in space environments.
- Knowledge of PCB failure modes and reliability in extreme environments.
- Experience as a technical lead for small teams of PCB design engineers.
- Experience developing IPC class 2 and 3 boards.
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional technical teams.
- Ability to participate in schematic and design reviews.
- Working remote
- Ideally someone that can work in Seattle, Troy, Michigan, Cary, or Ft. Worth/Dallas area
Why Role is Open:
In order to meet business challenges of meeting launch deadlines and meeting manufacturing schedules, they are short PCB resources. They use two other design firms and want to share the workload evenly between Actalent and those design firms.
***We reserve the right to pay above or below the posted wage based on factors unrelated to sex, race, or any other protected classification.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms. This temporary role may be eligible for the following:
- Medical, dental & vision
- Insurance (Basic/Supplemental Life &
- Short and long-term disability
- Health and Dependent Care Spending Accounts (HAS
- & DCFSA)
- Transportation benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Time off/Leave (PTO, Vacation, or Sick Leave)
Recruiter: Christina Langley