Mill Machinist $20-$27 Start Immediately
Posting ID: JP-002345824
Position: Day Shift CNC Mill Set-up Tech
Intermediate up to Journeyman level CNC Mill Machining Experience (Journeyman = Vertical & Horizontal - Can hand the individual a set up book and they can run them all from start to finish)
Process Oriented & must be willing to adapt to Calmax processes (Well established / Large HQ in Cali and processes must be the same at both locations)
Sense of Urgency - Agreement with LAM Research includes RPM's so this are critical and take priority to ensure deadlines are met. LAM depends on them for for a lot of their machining needs and this is only going to increase.
Mazak CNC Mill experience
5 axis CNC Mill Experience
Knowledge / Experience with Mastercam x9 or newer
Knowledge of Renishaw probe systems (Touch probes on CNC machines that increase efficiency by identifying and setting up parts, etc.)
Summary of Responsibilities:
Short run, precision CNC Machining and responsible for 1st runs
CNC Machinist position sets-up and operates CNC and machining centers to fabricate precision machined metallic and non-metallic parts
Machining Equipment includes vertical milling, horizontal milling, turning centers, turn/mill centers, and multi-axis machines.
Specializing in setting up mill turn sub spindle live tooling lathes with minimal or no supervision from start to finish, while operating the machine to utilize the entire spectrum of the machine tool capabilities.
Individual will work closely with Programming and Manufacturing Manager to provide constant feedback on cycle time reduction, machine optimization while manufacturing Quality parts on time and to customer’s specifications.
Will provide guidance and instruct other machine operators, machinists, or other personnel, as assigned.
Provides input to programmers and other technical personnel
May be assigned to program CNC machines and machining centers utilizing CAD, CAM software.
Collaborates with other personnel/departments, as required/assigned, providing input to, and integration with machining, CNC programming, CMM programming, engineering, inspection, manufacturing, and quality personnel.
This position is responsible for ensuring efficient production, on-time delivery, and that quality of products meets the customer specifications.
MATSUURA MX-850 (5 axis)
DMG MORI - MILL TURN (NLX 3000 & NLX 2500)
DMU50 DECKEL MAHO 5 AXIS UNIVERSAL MILLING MACHINE
A55 HORIZONTAL CELL MACHINING CENTER 38 PALLET CAPACITY
A88 HORIZONTAL CELL MACHINING CENTER 12 PALLET CAPACITY
A77 HORIZONTAL CELL MACHINING CENTER 12 PALLET CAPACITY
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Reviews and studies CAD drawings, models, blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, sample parts, work instructions, job travelers, and set-up documentation, to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, as well as the sequence of operations, and setup requirements to prepare for machining operations.
• Sets-up and operates CNC machining equipment: Loading and down-loading of CNC programs or offsets and other data/information.
• Selects, aligns, and secures work holding/fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, loads CNC program(s), sets applicable zeroes and offsets, and materials on machines.
• Sets up and operates machine on initial/trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls (zeroes, offsets, etc.) as required.
• Proves out CNC programs and provides feedback and strategies to the Programming Department and/or other applicable departments/personnel for corrections and/or improvements.
• Adjusts and provides input for CNC programs as assigned. Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit CNC machine programs, as assigned.
• Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
• Measures and documents in-process inspection data and requirements utilizing calibrated measuring and test equipment.
• Submits 1st Piece Article to the Inspection Department for inspection verification/buy-off on the job traveler operation prior to continuing/running in production mode.
• Logs onto and off of the appropriate Job operations in the ERP system and signs off on the corresponding job operations on the Job Traveler, including quantities and other data, as applicable.
• May design and fabricate and/or provides support to related manufacturing tasks or personnel for tooling, cutters, work holding, fixtures, jaws, or procurement issues that may arise.
• Monitors and maintains machine coolants, lubricants, oils, fluids, grease, etc. and fills as required, or requests Maintenance Department services, as applicable.
• Documents maintenance tasks performed on the machine’s Coolant Fluid Maintenance Log, as applicable.
• May guide and lead machine operators to continue production runs and other operations?
• Coordinates with other personnel/departments, as required and/or assigned, providing input to, and integration with machining, CMM programming, engineering, inspection, manufacturing, and quality.
• May provide input for, or calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, depth and angle of cut, coolant flow, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit CNC machine programs, as assigned.
• Provides input and solutions for improvement and collaborates with other personnel and/or departments for technical, programming, and production related issues/problems.
• Recommends ideas and improvement solutions for production improvement strategies to enhance product quality, operational efficiency, safe practices, equipment and resource utilization.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Intermediate or Journeyman level machinist and must have Set-up experience
• Experience working with Mazak CNC’s is a plus but not required
Test the JD:
Willing to consider candidates with only 4-axis experience
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jesus Trejo