Quality Assurance Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-002660131
Actalent is looking for a Quality Assurance Lab Tech in Tualatin OR!
- Assure that raw material, intermediates and finished product conforms to specification. Accomplished by
performing and documenting sensory evaluation, various analytical & microbial testing and process plant
observation. Utilize quality software to document and monitor SPC data as well as communicate and
- Adjust intermediate and finished product batches for Mix and Blend Operator as needed to satisfy
specification requirement. Approve batch and ensure issued in SAP before it is processed through the
- Inspect transfer, mixing, and process equipment and production environment to ensure proper cleaning
and quality practices. Monitor equipment for allergen, ATP and microbial compliance and conduct
verification testing per procedure.
- Evaluate and document test results and communicate deviations from specifications to QA Lead, Manager
and other appropriate staff. Ensure that any deviations from product quality or specification including
package integrity are properly placed on hold.
- Maintain organized and clean work area as well as timely QA records.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate lab equipment; this may include but is not limited to pH meters, moisture
analyzers, refractometers, fat analyzers, colorimeter, protein analyzer, water activity meters, etc.
- Collect retention samples as required and maintain organized storage system.
Assist in placing raw materials and finished goods onto hold and release as well as proper documentation,
reporting and tagging.
- Perform incubation testing on finished product prior to release. This includes monitoring temperatures of incubation rooms creating and updating daily incubation reports and related documentation. Assure that
product conforms to post-process pH and microbial testing standards.
- Perform package integrity checks to confirm the aseptic condition of Tetra Pak containers. This includes
visual and destructive tests of the package.
Essential Packaging Functions:
• Maintain and create organized QA records on the floor and on the computer.
• Perform package integrity checks to confirm the aseptic condition of Tetra Pak containers. This includes visual and destructive tests of the package.
• Assure that the product conforms to the finished product specification.
• Provide detailed oral and written information relating to quality of the product, package, and process.
• Monitor package, case code, and cap placement. Ensure that correct fiber, case code and package code are used.
• Approve the case code before the production run. Make sure that cases are stacked sequentially and the case code is legible.
• Inspect Tetra Pak filling machines to ensure proper cleaning and quality practices.
• Ensure that proper safety and quality protocols are being followed.
• Ensure that any deviations in package integrity or product quality are properly placed on hold.
• Collect incubation samples and place them on the appropriate shelves.
• Assist in inspecting hold products
• Maintain pest control program.
• Assist in restack and QA inspection of finished product.
• Perform other duties as assigned
B8 Inspections and batch approvals
A well-known company owned food manufacturing plant located down in Tualatin. They operate at a 24/7 basis.
Lab, Technician, QA, Food Processing, Food, Production
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 year BS Degree OR 2 year Associates equivalent + 1 year of QA experience, preferably in a food manufacturing setting(could be open to entry level with educational research experience as well)
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Basic knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Requires commitment to objectives of the organization
• Outstanding organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritize
• Ability to operate with moderate supervision, be detail oriented, and exercise independent judgment
• Strong interpersonal communication skills including the ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072