Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003775289
- The manufacturing engineer will find ways to prevent waste and inefficiency in production processes.
- They will design efficient systems that integrate workers, information, machines, energy and materials to make products or provide services.
- Design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
- The manufacturing engineer will also design equipment to coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards.
- The manufacturing engineer will also make sure the company complies with all industry standards for safety while meeting design standards and guidelines.
- They will work in a support role as needed on less complex projects.
- Bachelors in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering related
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing Experience or Certifications
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Determine how to manufacture products or deliver services with the greatest efficiency.
- Establish management control systems for cost analysis and optimal budget planning.
- Execute quality control processes to resolve problems in production cost-effectively.
- Ensure that products meet high quality standards by designing control systems for production planning.
- Review production information to understand methods and activities in manufacturing and services. This includes, but is not limited to, production schedules, process flows and engineering specs.
- Design control systems to minimize and resolve production issues and project costs.
- Create systems and plan production to ensure all products meet quality control standards.
- Develop standards for production and design by working with clients and management.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities, and project status.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting tools and computer.