Human Resource Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002664565
Now Hiring | HR Payroll Specialist
Looking for someone to join the HR team as a HR specialist responsible for successful oversight and management of the payroll function including: compiling and recording employee time and payroll data, computing employees' time worked, production, and commissions.
• Responding to and managing all inquiries relating to payroll and payroll systems while acting as the main point-of-contact
• Providing customer and stakeholder support for issues that arise; Developing a plan and quick solutions to mitigate future issues
• Recommending, developing, and implementing changes to processes, procedures and workflows leading to greater efficiency and accuracy
• Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system
• Compiling employee time and payroll data from time sheets and other records, such as garnishments, vacation time, and insurance and 401(k) deductions
• Computing wages and deductions, and enter data into payroll system
• Polling electronic time clocks and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy
• Resolving any questions/issues with payroll vendor (ADP)
• Reviewing time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies
• Verifying attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records
• Recording employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations, to maintain and update payroll records
• Assisting in tracking of leave time, such as vacation, personal, and sick leave, for employees.
• Issuing and recording adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases
• Providing information to employees and managers on payroll matters or tax issues
• Compiling statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to pay and benefits accounts, and submit them to appropriate departments
• Remaining informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process
• Preparing and balancing period-end reports and reconcile issued payrolls to commissions paid.
• Completing, verifying, and processing forms and documentation for administration of benefits such as disability, 401(k) plan, and unemployment
• Adhering to the letter and spirit of all company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations in the United States by maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role
• Representing the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Qfix.
payroll, ADP workforce, human resource generalist, Excel database, employee benefits, onboarding
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 2 years of direct payroll experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, with little supervision
• Must be a customer-focused, results-driven professional with an emphasis on quality, detail and accuracy
• Highly proficient knowledge of payroll systems (ADP Workforce Now preferred) and Microsoft Office applications (Excel and Microsoft Word)
• Excellent communication skills – positive attitude and customer focused
• The candidate must handle highly confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
• High School Diploma or GED (required). Advanced degree (Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, Accounting, or Finance) preferred.
• Assist/support new employee on-boarding process and benefits enrollment.
• Assist/support other HR projects or initiatives
Interested in hearing more?
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Nicole Budnik