Lead Test Engineer
Posting ID: JP-002665978
The Lead Test Engineer will provide leadership to a group comprised of mixed discipline engineering and technician-level team members, while actively participating in an engineering capacity to plan, develop and execute a broad variety of complex unit and system level test and evaluation (T&E) activities. The scope of technical responsibilities includes developing test methodologies, generating documentation and developing test equipment to support T&E in the program engineering development and production phases. Organizational responsibilities include formulating and maintaining a team at levels and competencies appropriate for the tasking at hand, mentoring, oversight of team members and serving as an interface to customer peers and leadership. This opportunity affords the qualified candidate with an opportunity to provide technical and organizational leadership in the following areas:
• Architecting test approaches for verification of hardware configuration items, software configuration items, integrated systems, and systems of systems, to demonstrate compliance with customer requirements and ensure delivery of quality products to the warfighter.
• Planning, scheduling and execution of informal and formal test events.
• Routine interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels of organization.
• Serving as a program representative with Government customers including program office and engineering personnel.
• Developing talent in-house while seeking to supplement the team with qualified external candidates.
• Ensuring an orderly and disciplined transition from development test activities to production in a relatively low volume, high complexity environment.
• Developing custom test equipment, test systems, test stands as required to achieve testability and throughput needs while improving overall test coverage at the lowest levels of assembly.
• Possessing a strong understanding of the systems engineering technical review and development process within a DoD constrained environment while also being a practical advocate.
• Promoting lessons learned from practice related experience.
• Developing technical presentations, recommendations, and written communications to explain technical issues to program management and the Navy customer team.
• Assisting the program management team in planning, scheduling establishing performance targets and reporting routine status in support of program execution.
• Providing inputs and technical expertise in creating estimates to support new work proposals.
test-driven development, test management, test planning
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• B.S (or higher) degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field (or equivalent experience) is required.
• Minimum of five (5) years of leadership/management experience required.
• Minimum of 10 years of test engineering experience required.
• Qualified candidates will have effective leadership skills, technical acumen, an educational background and expertise (experience preferred) in integrated, complex computer systems, data acquisition, and electro-mechanical devices and systems in a structured, highly regulated environment. Knowledge areas:
o Systems engineering, test requirements generation
o Design analysis for testability
o Generating test plans, procedures and reports at various levels of assembly and formality
o Establishments of requirements traceability from top level source documents to test results
o Issue tracking, defect management, root cause analysis
o Unit level testing – software, hardware
o Systems Integration
o Design Verification
o Environmental Qualification
o Factory Acceptance
o Accelerated Life Stress Screening Methods / Practical Implementation
o Electronics manufacturing
•This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072