Posting ID: JP-002179149
We are looking for a qualified candidate to join our growing Procurement team. You have an opportunity to make an impact with one of the largest transportation companies in the nation a Buyer in our Harrisburg, PA location.
Job Duties Include:
- Reviews & validates requisitions and authorizations to procure materials within company policies and procedures. Works closely with project managers to ensure project timelines and budgets are maintained.
- Places purchase orders with vendors and maintains appropriate purchase order files, including vendor acknowledgments and receiving documentation.
- Monitors open purchase orders and receipt of materials to ensure timely delivery of materials to meet project deadlines.
- Obtain quotes from existing vendors and sources new vendors when needed.
- Negotiate with vendors, including payment terms, terms and conditions, price, and delivery schedule of materials.
- Review, redline, and negotiate vendor terms and conditions and communicates risk to project managers.
- Interprets and communicates purchasing specifications to vendor.
- Executes improvement and corrective action initiatives with vendors as required.
- Performs vendor surveys, sources and assesses potential vendors, and distributes report findings as necessary.
- Resolves Accounts Payables and vendor invoice discrepancies.
- Ensures objectivity, fairness and compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
- Maintains appropriate documentation in support of the procurement process.
- Monitor and report savings opportunities.
- Work with project managers to develop bill of materials and obtain quotes in support of proposal preparation.
- Maintains strong lines of communication with teammates, vendors, accounting, IT, and project managers to ensure that all ideas and issues are addressed.
- Establish working partnership and good relations with vendors.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of three (3) years of purchasing experience.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Must excel in time management, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple high priority tasks at once.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, economics or related field required.
- Certified Purchasing Professional (CPP) a plus.
- Knowledge of Deltek Costpoint a plus.
Recruiter: Matthew Kovach