Mechanical Designer-Partial Remote
Posting ID: JP-002269359
Actalent (formerly EASi Engineering) is a global engineering firm with 35 years experience in the embedded systems, mechanical, manufacturing and electrical engineering spaces. With over 3000 dedicated employees across the US and India, Actalent offers comprehensive and innovative solutions, specializing in energy and utilities, automotive, transportation, medical devices, consumer/industrial products and material handling.
We’re looking for a full time Mechanical Designer to join our team in Lancaster, PA. This role will come with a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision benefits, and PTO. This role will be mostly remote with potential, occasional need to attend meetings on-site at our center in Lancaster PA or local customers in York or New Holland, PA
This role will provide design support to our customers and internal engineering teams by assuming full design responsibility for assigned projects. The position will require independent research to resolve problems with engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and vendors.
Duties may include:
-Prepare layouts of subassemblies or portions of projects that require a high degree of precision and expertise from engineering data in one or more of the following areas
-Prepare change orders after investigating change requests, resolve shop problems, and propose redesigns to improve performance or reduce costs.
-Check work of others that is similar in type and complexity to that which is personally performed.
The right applicant will have the following skills and experience
· Proven experience as an individual contributor in a Mechanical Design capacity: Must be able to function independently and collaborate with other designers, engineers, and external customers
· Proficient knowledge of 3D design software (preferably CREO)
· Experience with sheet metal and mechanical assemblies
· Basic drafting fundamentals: check/fix drawings
· AS Degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology or related field
· Displays basicproject management skills
· Demonstrate proficient knowledge of design procedures such as retrieving and applying information from engineering standards and schematics, purchasing and manufacturing specifications for preparation, release and revision of drawings and Bills of Material.
· Exercises leadership by sharing technical and practical knowledge with less experienced team members.
· MS Office experience
· Good written and verbal communication
Nice to have skills and experience include
· Demonstrate knowledge of SAP or other Material Resource Planning software to investigate existing material and BOMs.
· Data management system experience: Windchill, TeamCenter, etc
· Exposure to ASME Y-14 drafting standard
· AWS (American Welding Society) exposure
· Stack-on analysis
· Plastic toll and die exposure
· Casting/forging exposure
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072