Posting ID: JP-002519172
Aston Carter is now hiring for a Purchasing Agent for our client in Morgantown, PA!
The Purchasing Agent will work with supervisors to figure out what material is needed for projects. Supervisors will usually give a material breakdown of what is needed for the projects, at which point the Agents will look at current inventory and figure out what additional material is then needed to purchase.
They will be responsible for:
- Contacting vendors and get pricing (Will have set vendors that they use daily, but need to get updated lead times, pricing, etc.)
- Throughout the day, work with product that gets ordered in.
- Input info into the system when things are received
- Create Purchase Orders in the system (ShopPak and QuickBooks)
- Research pricing on materials
- Set-up Terms with Vendors
- Shipping & Receiving of Inventory
- Track Inventory – Order Stock
- Track Orders and ETA of material
- Read and Comprehend Shop Drawings and calculate all material to reserve/order for that WO
- Add items to Delivery Schedule as needed
- Order Samples for Project Managers
- Work in the Production Schedule
- Answering the phone
- End of Month Reports
Skills & Qualifications:
2+ years of purchasing experience
Great computer skills - Microsoft Word and Excel
Customer Service skills
High School Diploma or equivalent
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Steffanie Eichelberger
Phone: (717) 395-9963