Job Search & More
Remote Medical Biller
Posted Thursday, July 6, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003887331
The Medical Biller will provide thorough follow-up and/or re-billing of unresolved hospital and physician insurance claims.
- Responsible for performing claim research and electronic claims follow-up work with multiple insurance companies either by electronic system or phone depending on insurer, to resolve accounts which have been billed but remain unresolved.
- Reviewing notes on client systems to see what work has already been performed.
- Determining next steps by either using electronic tools or calling the insurance company to determine claim status, depending on insurer.
- Work specific payers/insurers and accounts as assigned by management.
- Responsible for submitting accounts to be written off or changed to patient responsibility.
- Responsible for claim denials and determining how to resolve the claim either by correction, re-billing, or if it was rejected authorization issues.
- Responsible for working from multiple computer systems simultaneously and learning them quickly.
- Perform limited training and support to billing associates being moved to a new client or those simply needing assistance.
- Receive ongoing training on different payer mixes, clients, and client systems.
- Following all Federal and State guidelines concerning the proper handling of medical receivables.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years of Medical Billing experience for Hospital and/or Physician office
- Claim denials/re-billing experience
- Microsoft Windows operating systems experience
Recruiter: Matthew Kovach