Packaging Technician 2nd Shift
Posting ID: JP-002659863
The Packaging Operator will be responsible for the operations, line setup, and clean-up of all equipment and areas within the Packaging Operations environment. This position will monitor the line to ensure continuous flow of materials to support the packaging plans. Specific activities include adherence to quality and safety procedures, as well as execution of work activities to meet daily packaging schedules and other business objectives such as improved yield and output efficiency.
• Work under direct supervision to perform normal operating routines
• Perform packaging activities required to support packaging equipment running efficiently and within required timelines
• Perform visual inspection of product for 35 minute intervals with 35 minutes between inspection intervals.
• Monitor and retrieve required material to ensure packaging is running efficiently
• Perform packaging line clean-up and assist with set-up activities per the GMP compliance standards
• Take a proactive approach to minimize equipment stoppage and idle time
• Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with applicable regulations, standard operating procedures and industry practice
• Adhere to all Quality System policies and procedures as applicable for functional area
• Understand the daily packaging schedule, as well as monitor scrap levels and equipment performance. Address or escalate as required.
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
• Communicate events that may affect packaging schedule in a timely manner.
• Ensure fulfilment of on the job training requirements.
• Demonstrate ability to work cross functionally with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Facilities, Engineering, Materials Management and other business units.
• Participate in all required and appropriate training.
• Ability to work shifts and overtime as required.
• Additional tasks as required
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-Must have HS Diploma or GED
-attention to detail
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072