Posting ID: JP-002663393
This person will be working with the utility team (ICE Group). They will be supporting major projects for their Utility customers in the Gas industry. This person will be responsible but not limited to the following duties:
- Interact daily with project manager and coordinate mechanical, electrical, civil and structural deliverables.
- Lead the design and production of pipelines and facility related mechanical systems in support of oil and gas projects.
- Range of work could include the design of cross country and distribution pipelines, meter and regulatory facilities, separators, gas heaters, launcher/receivers, mainline valves, and interconnecting piping.
- Establish a network of relationships with technical peers within the office and greater HDR.
- Work Independently and can direct, mentor, train and supervise one or more pipeline engineers (EITs) and designers.
- Independently prepare project scopes, budget, schedule, to assist multidisciplinary Project Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Familiar with ASME 31.4 and 31.8 And 49 CFR Part 192 and 195
- Ability to travel to meetings with the client and perform field views of the project with the client and/or their preferred contractor. Travel expectation 30%
- Ability to model and perform pipe stress analyses in programs such as CAESER II
- Experience sizing pipelines and performing process flow modeling in programs such as HYSYS
- Understanding of site civil grading and drainage
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelors degree in Engineering (Mechanical)
This company is a major engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services firm. They have been voted one of the best places and best firms to work for in 2021.
For this individual, they will be in the resources group that includes Water, Gas, and Electric utility work throughout the country. The majority of the work for the local office will be for PNG (Peoples Natural Gas) but they will also support the east coast for transmission and distribution gas lines. This person will have the opportunity to work on major projects and be a part of a team that works collectively throughout the country to ensure success. This is a tremendous opportunity for an Engineer that is looking for growth, development, and opportunity in their career. They are employee owned so eventually they will have an opportunity to access stock within the company.
has a fun and collaborative work environment. They have a flexible work schedule once you get familiar with the team and project work load.
Shift is roughly 8am - 4pm
Dress code is business casual (depending on client interaction)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072