Hiring Fully Remote Contract Specialists
Posting ID: JP-002664845
Fully remote but will move back into office.
Through the Contract Management Operations (CMO) organization and utilizing the Contract Lifecyle Management System (CLMS) software, this role will support the full contracting process for all U.S. BAYER locations from contract initiation through the storing of executed contacts.
Major tasks and responsibilities of position
Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to:
1. Contract Request and creation/generation of contracts, including:
* Reviewing all incoming contract requests for accuracy and compliance with
legal and other BAYER policy requirements
* Identification and self-assignment of requests in CMO inbox as well as assignment of
requests to Contract Specialists during weekly-rotated assignment desk;
* Understanding, analyzing, and navigating relevant issues and risks related to
* Prioritizing contract requests as received, including fast track contract requests;
* Independently generating agreements based on predefined templates, playbooks,
and agreement clause libraries;
* Assisting attorneys with the creation and generation of template and tailor-made agreements;
* Seeking input and approvals from attorneys, internal stakeholders, and business
requestors as needed;
* Independently negotiating and resolving certain agreement issues, including those
raised by internal contributors, internal stakeholders, business requestors and third
2. Execution and Storage of contracts, including:
* Facilitating the signing and proper system storage of the final signed contracts, and ongoing monitoring and maintenance.
* Being knowledgeable about, and ensuring compliance with, company policies and procedures and applicable law affecting the execution and performance of agreements, including as applicable, interactions with healthcare professionals, data privacy, trade compliance and the like.
* Interfacing with attorneys, compliance function and other subject matter experts and groups, as needed, to resolve related questions or issues.
3. Education and Training, including:
Providing education and training to users, business clients, and stakeholders on requesting, generating, concluding, and storage of agreements.
Collaborate with others in the Contract Management Organization to manage workload and identify ways to improve work flow, efficiencies, and contracting processes and practices.
5. Contract Templates and Playbook
* Assisting in the preparation and upkeep of contract templates and playbooks.
* Providing value to the success of the company.
* Enhancing the quality and consistency of agreements being entered into, improving the identification and favorable resolution of common contracting issues, and facilitating their timely and efficient conclusion.
* The position reports directly to the Senior Assistant General Counsel/Director, Contract Management Operations.
* The role involves working with Attorneys, other Contract Specialists, Compliance and other subject matter experts within the Law, Patents and Compliance Department.
* The role involves working with Business clients (contract requestors, signatories, and owners).
* The role involves working with other departments involved in the requesting, generation and execution of agreements, such as Procurement, Pharmacovigilance, Sales, Accounting, and Accounts Payable.
contract, contracts administration, contracts management, contract administration, erp system
Top Skills Details:
contract,contracts administration,contracts management,contract administration
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Education, skills, experiences and personal characteristics necessary for success in this position:
* BA/BS degree or paralegal certificate with at least 3 years of experience, including at least 1 year of experience in contract administration or similar role involving the preparation, negotiation, review, maintenance, management, and monitoring of contracts or other commercial legal documents, preferably with contracts governing the purchase or sale of goods and services. A combination of education and/or experience can supersede degree requirements.
* Working knowledge and understanding of contract lifecycle management and the contracting environment preferred.
* Time management and planning skills required to coordinate and prioritize multiple and competing business unit needs and projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in business requirements in a fast-paced environment.
* Familiarity with contract or document management systems (e.g., eFiLiA, Documentum), MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint), and Adobe Acrobat.
* Excellent organizational / follow up skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills along with strong verbal and written communication skills at all organizational levels.
* Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive matters, and exercise excellent judgment and discretion based on a knowledge and understanding of department objectives, company policies and procedures, and specific contract terms and conditions.
* Attention to detail with thorough process orientation skills and demonstrated ability to provide timely and accurate feedback.
* Ability to work under pressure, use initiative, troubleshoot, and resolve issues and meet timelines.
* Organizational, relationship, communication and influencing skills.
* Experience in roles that required extensive interpersonal interaction, job complexity, and coordination.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jacob Porter