Posting ID: JP-002664344
HIRING FULLY REMOTE PAYROLL COORDINATOR
The Payroll Administrator performs all activities necessary to process payrolls, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
Payroll, Microsoft, Computer skills, ADP
- Ensures timely processing of payroll, including off-cycle payroll processing, in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Assisting with the maintenance of the Employee Self-Service site and the centralized timekeeping system
- Reviews updates to the payroll system made by other payroll staff and outside vendors to the employee data and deductions for accuracy
- Responsible for the payroll set-up (including tax profile) for newly hired, rehired and transferred employee
- Maintains updated procedure manual for payroll processing and assists in training of other staff on the payroll system (ADP) in a “super-user” role, to troubleshoot general user questions or basic technical issues
- Keeps abreast of current payroll tax requirements and relevant laws associated with the processing of employee wage data, including payroll taxes, employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and other required reporting (SUI, workers’ compensation, benefits, etc)
- Processes fiscal year-end reports and reconciles W-2 information for accuracy.
- Reports errors in payroll accounting to the proper management representative.
- Documents any discrepancies in payroll processing to maintain a clear record of reconciliation and adjustments
- Works with the Human Resources business partners and Medical Unit to coordinate employee leaves of absence under FMLA or other unpaid leaves.
- Keeps accurate records of employee unemployment and disability insurance payments to ensure no overlap in state benefits and wage payments occur
- Processes wage garnishments, pay levies,
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Mackenzie Voelker