Customer Service Representative
Posting ID: JP-002660662
Coordinate transportation, distribution and storage of goods and materials.
Establish and maintain relationship with LTL/TL carriers. Arrange the delivery of orders to the distributors, pickups and deliveries from third party manufacturers, delivery of ingredients to third party manufacturers and deliveries for emergency ingredients.
Serve as internal trucking industry expert to assure proper carrier relationships and understand company rights as a shipper.
Respond to customer requests regarding orders, shipments, inquiries, concerns, etc. Use sound judgment to respond to customer requests appropriately and resolve any issues proactively.
Assist Customer Service department with customer orders, as needed.
Set up LTL/TL new carriers:
- Compare & negotiate rates & delivery schedules to improve our service to our customers & save money.
- Insure pick up & delivery appointments are secure.
- Handle truck delays, reschedules, redeliveries, OSD’s
- Process freight bills
Set up truck loads & LTL trucks
- Work with carriers to set up TL and LTL weekly shipments
- Work with customer service on changes and issues
- Handle appointments/delivery issues with the carriers & work with buyers, regionals etc.
- Assist Customer Service when need to review bills for accuracy along with back up paperwork. Any discrepancies need to be handled & followed up.
-OSD’s-file osd’s on all hired carrier orders & follow up
-Lumper/Unloading Receipts- review each lumper receipt for discrepancies and resolve with carrier.
-Review detention charges for accuracy and bill third party if necessary
-Review freight bills- rate, weights, order #’s, split charges for multiple orders.
Develop & Maintain:
- Carrier Contracts & Insurance records
- Manage & negotiate freight rates with carriers – maintain records
- Develop an agreement list between companies (what we expect from our carrier: pictures of damaged pallets, loading truck in proper order, damages, returns, etc.
- Educate & develop knowledge on shipping, carriers, regulations, etc..
- Develop & maintain receiving contact list for deliveries
- Develop an understanding with shipping warehouse: monitoring pallet assembly, pallet labeling and address any issues. Visit warehouse to review as necessary.
- Schedule Pick up & delivery of ingredients.
- Coordinate dock appointments via E-mail & phone
- Update receiving/shipping calender for Material Control
- Follow up with any pick up & delivery issues, OSD’s
- Reschedule as necessary
- Communicate as necessary (MC, Purchasing)
- Pay freight bills
- Working with Purchasing, MC, AMC & Vendors
- Hiring carriers for the inbound ingredients
- Work with Freight Forwarder to ensure inbound international ingredients arrive on schedule & clear customs.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Knowledge of customer service and logistics and transportation industry
• 2-5 years of related experience.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and Syteline
• Must present a positive, professional image with all levels of personnel.
• Must be able to handle multiple challenges and projects simultaneously and prioritize workload.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Adrienne Griffiths