Posting ID: JP-002660654
Aston Carter is currently seeking an experienced collections expert to be a part of our fast-paced Collections Team. The position will be based in our Reading, PA Corporate Headquarters. The Collections Professional II will be responsible for the management of collections within an assigned territory.
● Must be able to coach and mentor new colleagues.
● Must be able to work independently.
● Able to identify overdue or problem accounts.
● Contact customers daily to collect delinquent balances.
● Document collection activity and maintain follow up on all past due accounts.
● Experience with and ability to learn and adapt to complex debt collection software.
● Respond to customer AR calls regarding account inquiries.
● Maintain good customer relations.
● Maintain a department organizational structure sufficient to meet all goals and objectives.
● Provide documentation to customer requesting invoices, statements, etc.
● Work solidly as a team with various departments.
● Possess excellent, effective, business professional, communication skills.
● Have a pleasant phone manner and etiquette and an ability to speak clearly.
● Capable of following written and verbal directions.
● Work autonomously with daily tasks, to set priorities with little supervision.
● Support team initiatives as defined by manager.
● Be highly organized with strong attention to detail.
● Possess problem solving skills.
o Passionate about delivering excellent service to every customer.
o Keep promises.
o Do what they say they will do to delight customers and achieve our goals everyday.
o Understand the customer better than anyone.
o Ensure all activities and decisions make life better for customers.
o Value productive, long lasting relationships with our colleagues and customers.
o Communicate well.
o Keeps colleagues and customers informed about changes that affect them.
o Listens to people’s needs and concerns, and act on what they tell us.
o Honest, focused and straightforward in conversations.
o Work together to deliver great results.
o Support colleagues.
o Treat colleagues with respect and recognize everyone has an important contribution to make.
o Trust colleagues to take ownership of and effectively manage customer relationships.
o We make sure colleagues have the support, tools and training to do their job well.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) Required
2-4 Professional collection experience Preferred
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Adrienne Griffiths