Posting ID: JP-002178840
Aerotek is looking for a Medical Receptionist for a client in York, PA. This position will be located at the front desk of the facility and will be assisting visitors/patients with their appointments (checking in, scheduling, checking out, etc.).
You have an opportunity to join a local leader in urology that is excited to welcome you aboard their growing Claims team. Since 2011, their organization has grown to become a leading service provider for clients around York County. Demonstrating your ability to proactively assist the department you will quickly become a top performing member of our team with opportunities to grow into upper level roles.
Your colleagues here enjoy access to…
Competitive benefits, positive atmosphere, and quick growth potential.
How You Will Make an Impact:
The Medical Receptionist will be located at the front desk of the practice. This position is vital for top notch customer service to all patients at all times.
Essential Job Functions Include:
• Greet patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner as they enter the office. Directs them to appropriate locations including clinical, labs, and medical procedures.
• Helps patients needing assistance and maintains communication with the patients in the waiting area.
• Handles customer concerns in a helpful, objective manner, involving manager as appropriate.
• Arranges for necessary transportation including cabs, clinic vans, or Rabbit Transit.
• Keep a current account of patient’s location through our electronic chart central status. Ensure that patients are being seen in a timely manner and inform them if the doctor is running more than 30 minutes behind. Any reschedules or late patients must be approved through the provider’s nurse.
• Maintain reception/waiting areas. Straighten magazines and keep areas clean of debris. Advises office manager of any special needs within these areas such as soiled chairs etc.
• Assist drug representatives.
• Utilizes the computer to access medical record information.
• Verifies all information in demographics every time the patient comes in for an appointment.
• Verifies every patient has a photo in their chart.
• Gives H&P updates to patients and other forms requested by the nurses upon arrival.
• Maintains confidentially adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
• Reproduces forms as needed for patients’ handouts.
• Attend all staff meetings as scheduled.
• Identifies self to callers when answering the phones.
• Copies medication list for patients as needed.
• Receive payment and record receipts for service.
• Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail or facsimile machine.
• Schedule appointments maintain and update appointment calendars.
• Copy all insurance cards.
• Coverage of other receptionists during absence.
• Assist physicians/clinical staff when needed.
• Communication with other facilities to schedule imaging that has been ordered.
• Acquire prior authorization for scheduled imaging and procedures.
• Create H&P updates, waivers and UBX forms.
• Verify and enter insurance eligibility forms.
• Other duties assigned by Office Manager.
Monday - Friday
7:30am - 4:00pm and 7:45am - 4:15pm
*will need to be able to work either shift depending on the day/schedule*
What We're Looking For:
- Customer service or Receptionist experience within the medical industry
- Comfortable on the phone and computer
- Experience with MEDENT is a plus
- Experience in a physician office preferred
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jackson Wagner