Content Editor - Remote
Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Metric Marketing is looking for an experienced and detail-oriented Content Editor. This is a contract position, and this role will be responsible for editing and formatting marketing materials for law firms, biotech companies, medical device companies, software companies, and more. This role will be responsible for completing assignments according to prompts on time and according to schedule.
You will report to the Content Manager, who will rely on you to write and format according to instructions for each assignment.
A Little About Metric Marketing
We’re a growing agency.
The environment is fast-paced, and every day is different. We’re constantly brainstorming new ways to grow our business and drive results for our clients. As part of a growing agency, you’ll be presented with the opportunity to wear multiple hats and learn about topics that are outside your job role. If that sounds exciting to you, keep reading.
This isn’t a corporate environment.
It’s more similar to a startup, fueled by coffee and camaraderie. Our culture is one of joy and we are driven by making an impact in the lives of everyone we encounter. As such, we have high standards for our team and clients. Every relationship we have is built upon mutual respect, trust, and transparency. Being a good teammate means knowing when to ask for help, listening for the little details, and putting others’ needs above your own. Placing yourself on a pedestal is not rewarded here. We only progress if we’re all heading in the same direction, and we can only rise by lifting others.
We trust our team.
From your first day on our team, we will trust you and treat you like an adult. Micromanagement does not exist here; however, this type of treatment comes with great responsibility. You will be expected to take initiative, follow through on your commitments, exceed expectations, and be an all-around amazing team member. Your success or failure is up to you, and your future is yours to shape.
Content Editor Job Summary
This role is responsible for editing, formatting, and occasionally writing various types of copy including website pages, emails, blogs, press releases, video scripts, marketing materials, and social media posts for Metric Marketing and our clients. As the last set of eyes before content is published, the editor is responsible for ensuring each piece of content is in perfect condition and free of any errors.
- Proofreads and edits the work of content writers
- Fact checks and verifies information and research
- Contributes new ideas for future publications
Who We Are Looking For
- Someone who is self-aware, humble, hard-working, and a great communicator
- Someone who takes initiative, while also knowing when to ask for help
- Someone who doesn’t stop at “good enough,” but instead and goes the extra mile to ensure all clients are well-cared for
- Impeccable adherence to deadlines
- Someone with a go-getter attitude: ability to work within a team, but comfortable working independently
- Must have the ability to independently prioritize workload in order to effectively manage multiple assignments with contending priorities and tight deadlines
- Someone who is continuously learning to stay on top of the shifting SEO and digital marketing landscape
- Impeccable editing, writing, and formatting skills
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Comfortable proofreading and restructuring content
- Working understanding of on-page SEO elements
- This is a part-time, contract position with the potential to grow into a full-time role
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Must be readily available during office hours via email, Slack, and Teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in English or writing
- 2+ years of digital marketing or content marketing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong familiarity with agency setting
- Remote work is okay, but we prefer candidates who can come into our Ann Arbor office in person
How to Apply:
- Click Apply
- Email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
- Format subject as: “Content Editor – [Insert Name]”
Recruiter: Amber Khan
Phone: (410) 579-3072