Job Search & More
Posted Thursday, November 2, 2023
Top Skills' Details
1. Strong data analysis experience, specifically fetching data and running SQL queries.
2. Python, R Studio experience
3. Strongly preferred: experience working with medical data.
Required Experience: 3-5 years related work experience in advanced analytics or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
Required Education: Related Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer science (e.g. specialization: Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence /Visualization, databases, and Big Data), Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, or closely related field with Data Science specialization or additional related equivalent work experience
***US Citizens or Green Card holders only.
Data Scientists produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets. Apply knowledge of statistics data modeling and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns identify opportunities pose business questions and make valuable discoveries. Use a flexible analytical approach to design develop and evaluate predictive models. Generate and test hypotheses. The Data Scientist proactively seeks to develop their skillsets and provide value-added support within the Data Science team.
Communication Project Ownership
• Support large projects and manage smaller projects in their entirety
• Partner with senior team members to assess customer needs and define business questions. Emerging ability to influence customers to take action on analytical insights.
• Communicate results and insights both verbally and written including visual graphics in a clear and concise manner to a non-technical audience.
• Identify and communicate roadblocks.
• Work on multiple concurrent projects and accommodate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
• Effectively participate in meetings with customers and emerging ability to guide discussion and decision making.
• Acquire and bring structure to data so that it can be used in existing and new data systems.
• Build tools that help you and the other Data Scientists translate insights into action at scale.
• Identify define and translate business needs/problems into analytical questions.
• Design and execute experiments models algorithms and visualizations
• Understand data sources and limitations warehousing system and the impact of the data on business decisions.
• Identify retrieve and manipulate data from internal and external datasets.
• Apply statistical and computational methodologies to provide actionable insights and identify opportunities that optimize quality consumer experience and healthcare costs.
• Develop scalable efficient and automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development validation and implementation.
• Contribute to technical reports white papers and publications.
• Stay current on new processes and technology in Data Science and communicate findings to team
• Perform all other tasks as assigned
• Requires experience with Object oriented programming such as Python or Java. and statistical packages - 3 years of SAS SAS EG and SAS EM 1 yr of R or Python.
• Requires expert proficiency in SQL
• Requires experience with visual analytical packages such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience in supporting large projects and manage smaller projects in their entirety
• Ability to partner with senior team members to assess customer needs and define business questions. Emerging ability to influence customers to take action on analytical insights.
• Ability to communicate results and insights both verbally and written including visual graphics in a clear and concise manner to a non-technical audience.
• Must have applied experience with advanced analytics e.g. predictive analytics models
• Must have applied experience in Machine Learning
• Experience in Big Data - e.g. Hadoop
• Business Intelligence tool development
• Other programming experience - Java Perl Python UNIX/Linux scripting
• Healthcare medical or pharmaceutical work experience
• Experience with analysis around quality consumer experience and healthcare costs
• Experience in consumer analytics
• Experience in business analytics
3-5 years related work experience in advanced analytics or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
Related Bachelors degree in Data Science Applied Mathematics Computer science e.g. specialization: Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence /Visualization databases and Big Data Statistics Epidemiology Health Services Research or closely related field with Data Science specialization or additional related equivalent work experience
Recruiter: Kierra Myers
Phone: (410) 579-3072