Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003775785
- Magnetic resonance technologists must demonstrate an understanding of human anatomy, physiology, pathology, radiopharmacology, and medical terminology. Magnetic resonance technologists must maintain a high degree of accuracy in radiographic positioning and technique. Specialize in magnetic resonance imaging scanners. They inject patients with contrast media, such as a dye, so that the images will show up on the scanner. The scanners use magnetic fields in combination with the contrast agent to produce images that a physician can use to diagnose medical problems.
- They must maintain knowledge about magnetic protection and safety. Magnetic resonance technologists independently perform or assist the licensed practitioner in the completion of magnetic resonance procedures. Magnetic resonance technologists prepare, administer, and document activities related to contrast media and medications in accordance with state and federal regulations or institutional policy. The magnetic resonance technologist is the primary liaison between patients, licensed independent practitioners, and other members of the support team. Magnetic resonance technologists must remain sensitive to the physical and emotional needs of the patient through good communication, patient assessment, patient monitoring, and patient care skills. Magnetic resonance technologists use independent, professional, ethical judgment and critical thinking. Quality improvement and customer service allow the magnetic resonance technologist to be a responsible member of the healthcare team by continually assessing professional performance. Magnetic resonance technologists engage in continuing education to enhance patient care, public education, knowledge, and technical competence while embracing lifelong learning.
MRI Imaging, ARRT, diagnostic scanner software, Diagnostic Imaging, Diagnostic Radiology, Mri, Radiology, Imaging, Scanning, Siemens, GE, ERIC, PACS
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years of independent experience preferred
- Siemens Scanner experience preferred; not required
- Outpatient – Breast/Abdominal Scans
- ART- Heart
- Vida- Siemens equipment
- Work independently
- Port experience would be nice; usually a RN completes this
- ARRT- (MRI) certification required
Recruiter: Michaela Mann