Posting ID: JP-002660375
This Test Engineer will be working for a Tier 1 Automotive Supplier for the Automotive Industry where this Test Engineer will be performing test and collecting data from a Data Acquisition System from different Diesel Engines that would be inside of Heavy Equipment, Diesel Engine Cars, Diesel Generator units, Mining Equipment, Equipment from the Heavy Industrial Environment, and other Large Power Generation Equipment. Job Responsibilities include:
- Testing and technical execution on engine airflow, combustion analysis, and steady state emission development testing on engine
- Responsible for data integrity and all technical aspects of the testing process of the combustion engines
- Applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas and projects in one or more of the following areas: combustion/performance/emissions, cool/lube/fuel systems, air handling, system integration, after treatment integration, after treatment integration, cycle simulation, vehicle system simulation, combustion system simulation, flow simulation, filtration, or after treatment simulation.
- Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as test system specification, design and validation and tools such as FMEA, 7-step problem solving, and process hazard analysis, required to support the processes and enable high quality decision making.
- Makes decisions in the areas of component selection, calibration processes, and operating processes that impact test equipment accuracy, reliability and operating cost.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Mechanical Engineering (highly preferred)
- 4-7 years of mechanical engineering experience performing root cause analysis, simulations and testing, and understanding of engine mechanics
- Experience with testing engines, test engineering, termal testing, simulation, combustion simulation
- Ability to utilize a dynamometer engine testing experience is preferred.
- Must have the understanding of thermal and fluid sciences: thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion - both analytical and experimental applications (engines after treatment systems, fuel systems, air handling systems, power generation and filtration systems)
- Strong knowledge of energy conversion systems such as power generation, engines and systems, air handling systems, fuel systems, and filtration systems.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072