Posting ID: JP-002659981
Define, develop and validate test methods, test procedures and test equipment.
Ensure the quality of test results for all assigned test machines and test methods. Also ensure the test equipment and processes meet the department’s objectives (Safety, Machine, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Standard).
Test Development and Execution
• Define and develop test methods that mitigate key product risk
• Conduct ideation and design events to bring resources, experts and teams together in the design, development, prototyping and execution phases to create new test methods, procedures and equipment.
• Define, prepare and lead internal/external validation testing
• Defines solution testing, In-house or through 3rd Party Testing Agencies to guarantee the solution requirements meet the Functional Marketing requirements.
• Plan and execute project reviews of the initiative with the appropriate people (internal/external).
• Ensure test methods are repeatable, conform to safety/ergonomics standards, and are economical
• Maintain documentation and analysis (results) for Aerodynamic Solutions database (CFD, testing), as required.
• Maintain any documentation in the quality system, where the post is implicated.
• Ensure test plans and timing are achieve and to plan. Manage testing timelines.
Testing Analysis and Documentation
• Develop, install and test prototypes (hands on mechanical engineer) following the quality test plan, documenting results (test report) and recommend technical solution development, as required
• Design and integrate new installations, upgrades, or modifications to test procedures or test equipment within the test lab environment.
• Lead cross functional teams to complete capital projects on time, on budget with a high level of autonomy.
• Interface with designers, 3rd party partners, other Michelin, and external testing labs around the world to standardize test protocols and correlate test measurement systems.
• Execute testing on new equipment and/or utilizing existing test equipment. (Hands On Role)
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or another technical field.
• CAD design experience (CATIA V5)
• Hands on experience required.
• Microsoft Excel and Data Capturing/Processing software
• 7+ years of experience in Testing, Validation and Project Management
• Ability to multi-task & prioritize effectively
• Team player with ability to work with minimal direction and extremely compressed timelines
• Experience creating assembly and part drawings, generating work instructions, and writing technical reports
mechanical engineering, validation testing, validation protocols, catia
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Ability to set up testing
Must be able to validate a test plan
Document the processes to keep a record of the testing being performed
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072