Patient Care Specialist - Adminstrative
Posting ID: JP-002659799
With ten patient care facilities across South Carolina, our client has been servicing the surrounding Lowcountry with quality orthotic, prosthetic and pedorthic care for over 30 years. We maintain a professional service to the community through the development and maintenance of strong professional relationships with you and your physicians, therapists, and other healthcare professionals. Since our inception, we have matured and expanded incorporating the continually changing demands of healthcare and our patients’ needs.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Provide administrative support of the front desk by answering telephones, taking messages, routing calls or notifying appropriate individuals, printing and posting schedules, checking/sending faxes, assisting with developing/modifying patient appointments, maintaining/reconciling patient information in computer system, and performing quality control audits of records.
• Coordinate patient communications for scheduling and appointment reminders, financial responsibility discussions, procurement of medical documentation from their referral source through direct, phone communication, fax and/or email as appropriate.
• Assist in managing the Work in Process (WIP) daily in collaboration with the Clinicians and maintain all case documentation in OPIE in compliance with best practices established by the company.
• Collaborate with various internal teams to secure insurance authorizations for patient cases, financial responsibility and medical documentation requirements.
• Maintain a clean office work environment including coordination of all office supplies.
• Manage the shipping and receiving of products for device procurement and delivery.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
• Create and maintain reporting as needed.
• Ensure customers receive the best service possible and concerns are satisfactorily resolved.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Experience with medical terminology preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office and databases.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability in critical thinking and problem-solving.
• Excellent organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two years of office administrative management, preferably in a medical/dental/therapy office.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Camilla States
Phone: (843) 746-5775