Posting ID: JP-002662605
Actalent Engineering is hiring a Project Engineer for our client in Hendersonville, TN!
As the Project Engineer, you will be a critical member of the Engineering Team to plan, direct, and coordinate the research, design, development, and implementation of new specialty products and enhancements of existing products/processes This position will require frequent and effective communication with Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, and other internal and external innovation teams to commercialized consumer noticeable product differentiation. Respond to customer questions and troubleshoot, investigate, and resolve technical problems that arise during or after product implementation. Train customers on the features of the product or service they have purchased.
- Design and development of new and innovative specialty products utilizing a combination of analytical tools, evaluation and testing methods, and engineering practices to achieve project objectives (product performance, manufacturability, cost, quality, timing).
- Work with cross functional team to understand customer’s needs and translate to engineering requirements (technical quotation to customer).
- Support continuous improvement activities to enhance current products’ performance, quality, manufacturability, and cost.
- Apply the New Product Development process to plan and implement project schedules, and action plans to meet product and process development timelines. Ensure best practice approaches for project management are used and ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Work with the Engineering team to develop processes and tooling necessary to manufacture new products.
- Utilize computer assisted design/drafting software to develop designs in 2D and 3D environments.
- Apply engineering expertise to write technical documents, such as design standards and operating procedures.
- Create and revise production drawings based on feedback from outside vendors or internal departments. This will include global interactions.
- Create and revise Bills of Materials. As well as create new part numbers.
- Responsible for ensuring world-class quality for assigned standard products and customizations.
Project Management, AutoCAD, Project Planning, Design, Product Roadmap, Project Coordination, Project Life Cycle, Project Schedule, Product Management, Inventor, Solidworks, Outlook, Excel, PMP, New Product Development
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Mechanical preferred
- Project Management and project engineering preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and able to prioritize workload effectively
- Detail oriented and results driven
- Ability to travel (up to 10% travel may be required)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072