Field Support Technician II
Posting ID: JP-002661561
The Field Support Technician II will receive guidance from and report directly to the Field Support Supervisor or Manager, Field Support. The Field Support Technician II will provide support to employees and customers located in Jackson, TN.
• Associates Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Industry Recognized Certifications, or related discipline, combined with 3 to 5
years work experience in desktop support, including 2 years in a heavy, industrial environment
• Proficient in Microsoft OS and other regular packaged software
• Intermediate networking and server skills
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills (technical and non-technical)
• Ability to work in a team environment and always maintain a positive attitude
• Ability to travel occasionally as required
Sample of Duties:
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues that result from employee laptop/desktop computers and peripherals.
• Ensure customer issues/tickets are resolved in a timely manner.
• Assist end users with packaged software and some basic support of critical applications.
• Software installations and license tracking and support.
• Provide hardware support to end users (laptop, desktop, related accessories, printers, copiers, telephones, etc.). Work closely with Corporate IT on hardware
purchasing and asset management.
• Acquire and maintain in depth understanding of the location Local Area Network (LAN) setup/topology in order to troubleshoot network issues that may occur
at the site.
• Provide onsite (basic support) to infrastructure outsourcing partner with regards to server and network infrastructure resident at the location.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072