Quality Assurance Supervisor
Posting ID: JP-002662550
Actalent Engineering is hiring a Quality Assurance Supervisor for our client in La Vergne, TN!
- Responsible for management of production employees: 5-13/shift
- Provide verbal and written inspection training and audit / inspection results
- Map out employed Quality process flows and identify potential process and workflow improvements.
- Personally perform internal quality audit work in accordance with developed Quality / Company standards.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and process standards, while maintaining employee morale and overseeing the training of new and existing staff.
- Work with management to establish department and company goals, and rely on experience, judgment and innovation to achieve them.
- Create and utilize reports to accurately represent product flow and task completion rates and percentages.
- Liaison between teams, shifts, and departments, and partner with vendor / customer / client representatives.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment for personnel to work in while ensuring all safety and environmental regulations are followed.
- Ensure proper labor utilization and develop staffing requirements.
- Conduct interviews for all nonexempt personnel and temporary employees.
Quality Assurance, Statistical Process Control, SPC, ISO Standards, Quality Control/Assurance, Internal Audit, ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 4500, OSHA Certified, Quality Report, Quality Control Inspection
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in Engineering or related discipline, completion of at least sixty (60) college or university Engineering Credits, actively pursuing an Associate Degree in Engineering or related discipline plus one year of relevant/equivalent work experience, or a minimum of two (2) years of relevant/equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant/equivalent leadership / supervisory experience work experience in addition to education requirement.
- Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have intermediate to mediate math skills.
- Must have Strong PC skills (spreadsheets, databases, etc.) and familiarity with label printers and bar code scanners.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills including, effective oral communication skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have the ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel as well as external personnel.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and able handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of Quality and Environmental systems and product auditing.
- Ability to identify potential process and workflow improvements
- Familiarity with 5S, Lean, Six Sigma, and Quality System Gap Analysis techniques with the ability to apply same in a practical, effective fashion.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072