Posting ID: JP-002662578
Actalent Engineering is hiring a Materials Manager for our client in La Vergne, TN!
- Develops routing information for products, including cost and material flow throughout manufacturing process.
- Responsible for procurement and forecasting of raw materials, semi-finished, and the distribution of all products upon completion of the manufacturing process.
- Collaborate with operations leadership to identify and resolve potential capacity constraints.
- Create and monitor the following reports for the facility on a weekly/ monthly/quarterly basis:
- On-Time Reports
- 1-2-3-4-5 Days Late
- Trends – Forecast vs. Actual vs. Sales pieces and associated inventory
- Lead-Time Charts
- Develop monthly plant production/capacity plan down to work area or focused factory level, daily on: pcs, shipments, machine hours, labor hours, productivity (volume per labor hour). Work together with financial controller and plant management, using monthly GLS standard load FCST and custom solution open order book.
- Define monthly productivity and labor hour goals down to work area or focused factory level, based on product mix and production volume for the month. Work together with financial controller and plant management
- Assure daily plant performance tracking takes place based on above monthly plan and special customer service needs, e.g. backorders, top customers, etc.
- Assure that system integrity is maintained and SOP is followed through analyzing reports. System training and re-enforcing SOP in Production Planning, Material Masters, and Material Routings are required. Establishes and maintains procedures associated with Production Planning, and Inventory control consistent with divisional goals and objectives and facility ISO 9001 procedures.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of routings and BOM’s to ensure proper standard costs of raw materials, work-in-process, semi-finished and finished goods inventory. This is achieved by analyzing operational variances, extracting and reviewing historical data (overhead rate development), incorporating projected scrap allowances, and consulting with the appropriate managers for operational feedback and changes.
- Coordinates the SOIP, initiatives and goals of GLS pertaining to lead times, production, fill-rates, etc. at the plant and acts as a liaison between the CSR’s and outside sales representatives
- Aids in establishing, coordinating, and compliance monitoring of return material processes. Includes establishing methods to receive products into inventory and the associated relieving of inventory.
- Facilities focal point for driving key customer service metrics (on-time delivery, backorders, etc.)
Management, Materials Management, Inventory Management, SAP, MRP, Inventory Control, Inventory, Shipping and Receiving, Planner, Supply Chain, ERP, Procurement, Purchasing, Warehouse Inventory
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing, including the areas of MRP, shop floor control and master scheduling. A thorough knowledge of product costing, budget planning, Profit & Loss forecasting/variance analysis is necessary. An in depth understanding of functions and features of computer-based MRP systems (SAP desired) is highly desired. Must also be knowledgeable in routings, SOX compliance and B.O.M. applications. Must possess strong interpersonal and communicative skills and be a trainer and coordinator of systems and corporate initiatives. APICS certification preferred and/or must obtain within 3 years of job acceptance. Additionally, the successful candidate will also have Supervisory skills with documented experience.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072