Posting ID: JP-002662443
Actalent Engineering is hiring an EHS Engineer in Spring Hill, TN!
This position is responsible for coordinating and developing safety, health, and environmental compliance, training, and administration. Responsible for enforcing a culture of safety within our organization and jointly implementing programs, policies, and assessments to ensure compliance with all federal and internal health and safety regulations. Investigate accidents and near miss incidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Develop and conduct OSHA compliance activities and complete reporting when required.
- Develop and conduct Safety and Environmental required and non-required trainings, including but not limited to new hire orientation. Also, organize and participate in safety and environmental trainings through 3rd party administrator. Recommend, organize, and guide all programs for EHS support and compliance (example: CPR/First Aid Responder Program).
- Responsible for ISO14001 program administration.
- Conduct and monitor safety and environmental audits, and manage open action items through closure. Organize safety checks such as noise testing and air quality. Support all plant audits as required.
- Investigate safety related incidents/injuries, complete first injury reports, follow up with employee and medical facility, and work with the production on permanent corrective actions.
- Maintain EHS data/records (examples: training/compliance/KPIS/COVID).
- Facilitate safety and environmental teams/committees.
- Develop and support the implementation of various safety and environmental policies and programs. Work with Facilities and Management on items such as evacuation drills to ensure proper signage, onsite hazardous waste and chemical storage compliance, energy reporting, training, and gap analysis for associated
- Administration of worker’s compensation and support of claims. Support return to work assessment and the interactive process for all team members (work-related or personal restrictions). Processing leave of absences when necessary (FMLA/MLOA/PLOA)
- Monitor workspace for ergonomic and safety improvements.
- Provide consultation upon request for environmental and safety topics and systems, gap-analysis, and benchmarking.
ISO14001, osha, environmental health & safety, safety audit, safety training, environmental compliance, osha compliance
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Have experience working with integrated computer programs and/or applications
- Have strong communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and possess the ability to coordinate multiple projects and programs
- Be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters
- Intermediate to advanced experience (beyond basic data entry) working with computer applications such as Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, and other presentation applications and/or software.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in related discipline and generally five to eight years of experience in a related field
- A master’s degree and generally three to five years of experience in a related field
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072