Customer Service Representative, Onsite In Austin, $16-$17.50 An Hour
Posting ID: JP-002506162
MUST BE VACCINATED OR WILLING TO GET VACCINATED AGAINST COVID
The main function of a customer service representative is to interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. A typical customer service representative is responsible for determining the client’s issue, offer possible solutions or providing follow-up as needed. Customer service agents may be inbound, outbound or a combination of both. An entry level customer service representative typically has a High School diploma and customer service or call center experience.
• Demonstrate consistent, reliable attendance by showing up for work as scheduled with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
• Respond to incoming customer requests quickly, proficiently and professionally while meeting specific quality expectations.
• Actively listen and probe to figure out nature of and determine the appropriate action(s) to complete the call.
• Multi-task across several computer programs to respond to customer queries.
• Utilize all tools to properly support, action and document all related questions and needs.
• Accurately update and maintain cardholder data in appropriate databases.
• Collaborate with peers to help cardholders; provide thought-leadership; and inspire both customers and peers in a diverse business environment.
• Compliance to Key Control and other policies, including maintaining confidentiality in our secure environment.
• Must possess a clear speaking voice and strong verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and make decisions quickly based on the customer's needs.
• Ability to handle difficult calls in a professional manner.
• Requires accuracy and attention to details.
• Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple service requests with strict time limits on an ongoing basis.
• Knowledgeable of the payments business and VISA operating procedures after the training class.
• Knowledgeable of multiple Visa product lines.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Basic PC skills in a Windows environment; however strong keyboard skills are required.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond to inbound telephone calls and may generate outbound calls regarding information on aspects of multiple client products.
• Evaluate the nature of each call and determine the appropriate action to complete the call.
• Answer general customer service questions from cardholders, explain multiple program features, and where appropriate, transfer the customer to the issuing bank to obtain specific account information or transfer the customer to an appropriate Third Party Service Provider.
• Adhere to established Client Care procedures and guidelines while providing quality customer service in order to meet and exceed department standards.
• Provide general information and support on product and direct the customer accordingly.
• Update and maintain cardholder data in appropriate databases.
• Use several computer programs to respond to customer inquiries.
• Document cases to show action taken.
• Serve as escalation point for calls requiring advanced knowledge of product line.
• Act as peer mentor to customer service associates.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bilingual (Spanish or French)
• 1 or more years of work experience
• Prior experience in call center, financial industry, ecommerce, or technical environment is preferred
• Demonstrated commitment to the businesses key performance indicators and exceptional customer service
• Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, strong team engagement, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills required
• Must be able to have meaningful conversations that will lead to merchant loyalty and reduce merchant attrition
• Must have punctual, regular and consistent attendance
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Jessica Pitts