Desktop Support Technician
Posting ID: JP-002663891
This company is looking for an IT support analyst to join their Help Desk team. They will be supporting internal Tegna employees and must have a customer facing mentality. Ideal candidate will have 4 - 5 years of IT customer support experience, have strong familiarity with Windows 10, Active Directory, and ability to troubleshoot O365. Nice to have skills would include MAC experience as well as Android and iOS smart phone devices.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1. Able to work on their own. This person is the only Technician on - site. They will also support national help desk inquiries remotely for users alongside the HD team in Tyson's.
2. Customer Service - need someone who is enthusiastic and can convey a sense of “I’ve got this”, Sharp (Financial, Law Firm or News Media experience preferred)
3. Verbal Communication – primary duties will be phone calls with customers and face-to-face interactions with customers.
4. Written Communication – will be communicating through ticketing system and email directly with customers so we need attention to detail and grammatically correct communication.
5. Problem solving skills – ability to understand a customer’s problem, document the details and determine the best path to a solution. It won’t be black and while so we need someone who can take ownership and figure out how to find the answers.
6. Drive/Commitment/Future plans – we are looking to bring this person on as a full-time employee eventually so this should not be just a landing zone for someone who is looking for a different job. We are looking for someone who has strong previous IT/Customer service experience and wants more autonomy/ to move up.
7. Experience – previous help desk or customer service experience is highly recommended. We typically have the most luck with someone who has been in a customer service IT role previously either with another corporate help desk. We also have had great candidates who have spent time developing their skills on their own or who can demonstrate initiative with either a side business or personal experiences.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072