Azure Cloud Data Practice Architect
Posting ID: JP-002039580
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America. TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values— relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
The Cloud Data Architect possesses 3+ years of experience developing and architecting with Azure solutions and is responsible for the development of cloud solutions utilizing network, storage, operating systems, virtualization, RDBMS & NoSQL databases, Hadoop, mid-tier technologies that include application integration, in-memory caches, and security. The candidate must be well experienced in the Azure platform and a motivated technologist with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology consulting.
• Technical liaising between customers, development & support teams
• Helping build rapid proof of concepts (POCs) to actively demonstrate cloud Azure solution hypothesis with tangible work products
• Architect and implement solutions that leverage the Azure
• Direct collaboration with sales teams to formulate and help execute sales strategy to establish TEKsystems Global Business Services as the partner of choice for Azure solution implementation
• Participating in architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on the Azure platform
• Conducting deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering, or already using Azure
• Capturing and sharing best-practice knowledge amongst the Azure community
• Azure environment configuration and performance tuning
• At least 2 years of proven experience in architecting and delivering cloud solutions related to data analytics
• At least 5 years of experience in networking, infrastructure, or database architecture, in addition to primary application expertise
• At least 3 years of experience in Cloud-based transformation solutions
• At least 7 years of experience in design & implementation of distributed applications
• At least 2 years of experience in working with software development tools and methodologies
• Excellent communications skills - At least 2 years of experience in presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with executives, IT management, and developers
• At least 3 years of experience in software/technology customer facing role
• Azure Certification (minimum Associate)
• Degree in a technical discipline, such as Computer Science or Math
• 10+ years of total IT experience
Recommended Expertise (Top 3 skills)
• At least 2 years of experience in “on premise to Cloud” migrations or IT transformations
• Well versed and hands on expertise in implementing Azure stack
o Serverless Architecture
o Azure DW/ Google Big Query / AWS RedShift or SnowFlake modeling and performance tuning techniques
o Worked with Snowflake Data Warehouse
o Experience in migrating On-Prem relational databases to Azure
o Experience in implementing Lambda Architecture, Elastic search.
o Experience in implementing streaming solutions using Kinesis, Firehouse and Azure technology
TEKsystems offers a comprehensive list of benefits including the following:
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• Health Savings
• Paid Time-Off
• Short & Long-Term Disability
• Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
• Transportation Benefits
• Life & AD&D & Supplemental Life
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Chas Bollow