Posting ID: JP-002665958
• Develop an in depth knowledge of the companies product line including design features, process capabilities, and product cost structure.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of companies New Product Development Process and use the process to manage projects.
• Develop project plans which define tasks, schedules and responsibilities to meet project completion dates.
• Complete project design work applying product knowledge and basic refrigeration engineering fundamentals.
• Develop testing scenarios and work with test lab to insure designs meet product specifications.
• Support production implementation by actively participating in all project design reviews and pilot implementation.
• Complete design detail by implementing corrections as noted in design reviews and pilot run activities.
• Be a self-starter and take the initiative to gather information and complete detailed tasks to complete projects as required to meet department execution plans.
• Develop solutions to refrigeration design challenges that can be produced using SVA capabilities and that meet customer requirements.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) codes and regulations for refrigeration systems.
• Work with various safety agencies (UL, CSA, TUV, etc.) to develop and maintain required certifications to allow products to be sold in a global market.
• Develop clear product and process specifications to assure systems are of high quality and will perform their intended functions for the life of the equipment.
• Insure designs are simple to fabricate and easy to assemble. If a new process capability is required, work with the manufacturing engineering group to implement process improvements to meet design and quality criteria.
• Manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently and work at a high intensity level to meet aggressive project deadlines.
• Support field service efforts including training, trouble shooting, installation, etc.
• May coordinate vending testing efforts
• Other duties may be assigned
mechanical engineer, thermal system, thermal dynamics, refrigeration, cooling, compressor*, cooler, freezer, HVAC, manufactur*, production, sheet metal, design, CAD, bom
Top Skills Details:
mechanical engineer, thermal system, thermal dynamics, refrigeration, cooling, compressor*, cooler, freezer, HVAC, manufactur*, production, sheet metal, design, CAD
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• BS in Engineering with emphasis on design of refrigeration systems preferred • 3 years of refrigeration design engineering experience within a manufacturing environment preferred (Can substitute Appliance Mfg 3 -5 years desired). • A firm grasp of basic engineering fundamentals
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072