Job Search & More
Senior Electrical Engineer
Posted Friday, July 14, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003903654
- Produce complete electrical design documentation, including drawings, specifications, and supporting electrical calculations. This includes engineering for systems such as power distribution, lighting, grounding, lightning protection, backup power supply, instrumentation, controls, and fire detection/alarming.
- May perform in project leadership role and/or may supervise the activities of lower level personnel in the performance of project work.
- Provides resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Coordinate with and consult other Engineers and Designers to engineer, plan, and detail components and systems and resolve various technical and other issues.
- Coordinate and work with other Disciplines for complete multi-discipline design packages.
- Assist with both the initial planning and as well as design phases of projects.
- Support procurement and construction phases of projects with engineering knowledge and experience.
- Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures.
- Travel to work site locations to provide engineering support and conduct meetings with clients. May travel to other company offices to support engineering efforts as well.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited school.
- Has 10+ years related experience.
- Has basic knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures in electrical engineering.
- Familiarity with NEC, IEEE, NFPA, and ANSI codes and standards.
- Has a Professional Engineering license or the ability to obtain within a short time frame after hire.
- Ability to obtain a DOE security clearance.
- Strong computer skills with Office products (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Training and experience with engineering analysis software (ETAP, SKM, Visual, etc.)
- Training and/or experience with CADD (AutoCAD, REVIT, and/or MicroStation, etc.).
- Good verbal and writing skills.
- Factory, field, and/or construction experience a strong plus.
- Practical electrical skills a plus.
- Experience with instrumentation and controls systems a plus.
- Candidates must be willing to travel for infrequent (and typically short) field/site visits.
Recruiter: Sakota Blevins
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.