Posting ID: JP-002659420
Client is searching for an onsite (not WFH) desktop techs that will be supporting users in other markets but sitting onsite in Dallas. The ideal candidate will have been in a desktop support role but is fine with taking calls and troubleshooting over the phone. This candidate will be in charge of supporting 30-40 branches and will have to travel when necessary to be onsite. MANAGER DOES NOT WANT HELPDESK CANDIDATES BUT MORE DESKTOP SUPPORT CANDIDATES THAT ARE GOOD WITH DOING HELPDESK BECAUSE THEY NEED TO HAVE THE HARDWARE EXPERIENCE. WILL CONVERT AT $50-55K
• Setup, maintain and support computer hardware, software, networks and telephone systems/VOIP at assigned office.
o All computers, printers and networks setup using accepted standard configuration.
o Coordinate the installation, maintenance and support of telephone systems/VOIP.
o Support end users via telephone or remote support tools.
o Identify issues and determine resolution process.
• Coordinate and manage technical projects associated with branch office acquisitions, consolidations and relocations.
• Maintain detailed inventory and documentation of all systems. This may include, but is not limited to, computer systems, internet service, facility network diagrams, eFax and Worldview/OnBase accounts, office equipment, telephone lines/VOIP, telephone systems, and copiers.
• Meet customer service requirements by monitoring and managing the support queue throughout each business day.
• Be able to support other IT related jobs at basic levels, as needed.
The right person for this role will be a self-starter with exceptional customer service skills.
• Associate’s degree from technical school or at least 3 years of related work experience is required. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology is highly preferred.
• Experience managing small to medium-sized technology projects
• Experience and working knowledge of computer hardware, software, networking and telephone systems/VOIP.
• Must have customer support experience, including support of end-users, and experience with inventory tracking.
• Experience with direct hands-on desktop support (i.e. imaging, hardware/software installs/updates, etc.).
• Strong problem determination and problem resolution skillset.
• Must possess a valid state driver's license and automobile liability insurance
• Must be willing to travel 25-50% of the time; overnight travel by air or personal vehicle (After you go perm with client)
• Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties and business operations demand
Support, Hardware, trouble tickets, software support, VOIP, Windows 10, Desktop, Troubleshooting, Active directory, Help desk
Top Skills Details:
Support, Hardware, trouble tickets, software support, VOIP
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
MUST BE VACCINATED FOR COVID 19
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072