Posting ID: JP-002178948
• Responsible for abstracting, coding, and sequencing the classification of medical diagnoses and any surgical procedures and treatment modalities on patient records.
• Selects the most accurate and descriptive codes from the most current listings of International Classification of Diseases through the company’s assigned electronic coding system.
• Assigns DRG’s and performs coding compliance reviews as requested. Maintains compliance of external regulatory accreditation requirements, state and federal regulations, and company corporate compliance guidelines.
• Identifies codes for reporting medical services and/or procedures performed by physicians, and enters the codes into the company’s electronic system.
• Provides feedback and education to physicians and professional staff regarding changes in coding methodology and enhanced documentation procedures to ensure accurate coding.
• Utilizes the coding query process to providers to request clarification of information.
• Works closely with staff to review acute care documentation to provide pre-admission or provisional DRGs.
• Keeps abreast of the annual ICD-10-CM coding changes and how to apply them to the medical records.
• Remain current with literature/technology related to position and maintain updated methodology and tools as necessary and appropriate.
• Maintains active membership/credentials in AHIMA via required continuing education and payment of annual membership dues.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associate’s degree required.
• Minimum one (1) year of hospital coding experience required.
• Current, valid, and active RHIT, RHIA, CCS or CPC certification preferred.
• Knowledge of health information management programs preferred, including medical terminology, ICD-10 CM coding, DRG’s/CRG’s, and policies and procedures of releasing medical information to include HIPAA regulations Knowledge of confidentiality and privacy laws preferred.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Joshua Leduc
Phone: (817) 345-4928