Traveling Press Brake Machinist
Posting ID: JP-002340604
Aerotek is currently hiring metal fabricators with press brake experience to travel for a contract opportunity with a top-rated manufacturing client. Minnesota.
Travelers from any state are welcome to apply! The position include per diem plus an increased hourly rate (see below). The facility / job location are in the Greater Minneapolis / St. Paul area.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Performs a full range of press brake machining, rough grinding, polishing and metal finishing operations on components, manufactured parts and assemblies in accordance with prescribed specifications.
Candidate will be setting up and operating Cincinnati Press Brakes in a job shop environment. They would also consider someone with Amada or Accurpress brand press brakes. This involves blueprint reading, changing out press brake tooling, and performing 3-4 setups per day. Will be making short run, prototype parts. Almost all of their parts are 1-5 piece runs, and machinists do all of their own programming. All programming is done at the controller (Fanuc) using G&M codes. Machinists will be required to read the blueprint, program the part, machine the part, and then check the part.
REQUIRED Experience: Intermediate - Expert (3+ Years)
Complete setups and operation of CNC Press Brakes
Full tool changes and program editing on CNC Press Brakes
Shorter runs / fabrication experience on larger parts
Programming at the controller on Fanuc controls using G&M codes
Experience in a prototype environment
Education or experience with GD&T - This will be tested
-1+ years experience operating press brakes that are 150 tons or bigger
they have 175-500 ton brakes)
Company / Employer Bio:
A multi-million dollar leader in metal fabrication and manufacturing in the St. Paul / Greater Minneapolis area in Minnesota. The company handles contract manufacturing for OEMs, engineering support and design-build capability for custom projects. From components to fully integrated equipment, our uniquely effective Project Management process helps us continuously shape bright ideas into brilliant results for customers in the following industries:
- Food Processing
- Vacuum (Applied Vacuum Division)
*Starting Pay Rate: $26 - $30 USD per hour
($45 USD for OT) + $15 USD per hour non-taxed for per diem
-->((48 hour average on per diem = Additional $720 weekly))
*Hourly rate will be determined based upon resume and a virtual interview with the clients' department manager*
MAJOR AREAS FOR ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Follow safe work practices and OSHA requirements.
- Grinds, files, or sands surfaces of metal items using hand tools, power tools, and knowledge of metal finishing techniques: Examines and feels surface of metal to detect defects, such as dents, scratches, or breaks in metal.
- Smooths surface of item to specified finish, using hand-tools and powered tools.
- May polish metal surface, using powered polishing wheel or belt.
- Be able to set-up and operate straight-line sanders, buffers, timesavers, and hand-held grinders and polishers.
- Complete projects within established guidelines and time frames according to our quality standards.
- May utilize blueprints to perform job.
- Read and understand written or verbal work instructions to complete tasks.
- Understand and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Work in teams to create cost saving measures and/or ideas to improve quality and service.
- Monitor quality of goods produced.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED + 1 year in manufacturing industry, preferred.
- A high level of attention to detail is a must as aesthetic appearance is critical.
- Must be able to select the proper abrasives for each application to achieve the specified finish using the most efficient process.
- Must have good dexterity and hand eye coordination.
- Must be comfortable bending, squatting, reaching overhead, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to use profilometers and other measuring tools.
- Good verbal and written communication
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Vision with full spectrum of color
- Basic computer knowledge
Moderately heavy work requiring the occasional lifting of objects weighing 50 pounds or less. In the performance of essential duties, the incumbent may be required to operate a variety of industrial machining tools.
- Bonus Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401K with Match
- Profit Sharing Program
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Optional Short-Term Disability
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- Continuing Education Benefits
- 3 by 12 Schedule (Friday-Sunday)
- Paid Uniform Program
- Air Conditioned Work Environment
Growth / Long Term Opportunities available for qualified candidates / contractors who exceed performance expectations.
To check on the status of your application, please contact:
Lyanna Traugott - National Recruiter, Industrial Skilled Trades
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Lyanna Traugott