Posting ID: JP-002659565
Currently looking for 2 experienced Instrument Operators. This person is responsible for assisting the Party chief of a field survey crew. The major objectives of this position are the quality, accuracy, thoroughness, clarity, meets regulatory requirements, public relations of work, safety, meeting schedules, within budgets and responsive service to clients. Organize field work, direct crew members, maintain safe work environment, protect and maintain the equipment and vehicles, accurately and efficiently collect field data and locating features, deliver data to the office, maintain accurate records of work and expenses.
- Locate, review and research job locations for identifying landmarks, physical objects, and significant land changes that would affect the survey.
- Supervise the work of the survey crew, evaluate priorities and coordinate and organize the work efforts.
- Supervise the standard of work being performed and derive the necessary field calculations from work completed.
- Supervise the maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Ensure that angles, distances, and other collected in formation are accurate and conform to regulations and standards.
- Coordinate findings of the work with engineering personnel, clients, and others concerned with projects.
- Research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records to obtain data needed for surveys.
- Determine methods and procedures for establishing or reestablishing survey control.
- Keep accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe work performed.
- Complete daily logs and expense reports.
- Complete company and/or client safety forms and make sure all crew members are following safety procedures
- Consult with computer operators and review the final production of work performed.
- Familiarity with commonly used surveying terms and with the use and care of survey tools and other survey field equipment used for measuring, sighting, and leveling required.
- Familiarity with and proficiency in the operation of survey equipment such as the Total Station/Data Collector, Level, and various Global Positioning System (GPS) methods.
- Boundary survey software
- Total station
- Data collection
- Instrument Operator
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-5 years progressive experience in survey field operations
- Good technical skills; behavioral traits of process oriented, steady, helpful, analytical, problem solving.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072