Benefits Verification Specialist
Posting ID: JP-002663431
- A person in this role is going to be taking calls and outreach from health care professionals at doctor's offices or hospitals, as well as communicating directly with health insurance plans regarding benefits coverage.
- There may be cases where specific pieces of information may be missing, and a person in this role will need to call the facility where the procedure was done to fill in the rest of the information.
- They will be verifying benefits for each patient case in queue, and will identify if there are any additional actions needed including copay, prior authorization, appeals, appointments, etc.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of HEALTHCARE CALL CENTER experience OR 2+ years of healthcare experience within a healthcare facility or back office (benefits knowledge, familiarity with payers and providers aka health insurance companies and doctor's offices)
- MUST HAVE HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE
- Any previous knowledge of how healthcare billing works - this could come from working in a healthcare clinic previously
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Pamela Boeko