Posting ID: JP-002661055
Put together designs and calculations for retaining walls based off of DOT and consultant plans. Design roadway profiles and retaining wall layouts. This person will label work, create reference files.
- Use of AutoCAD and proprietary software for the preparation bid and shop drawing packages including retaining wall elevations, plan layouts, section drawings and applicable details
- Design of internal and external stability of MSE retaining wall structures in accordance with specifications through use of engineering software and preparation of hand calculations
- Production of accurate and timely shop drawing submittals which are clearly understood by the owner and production staff while meeting quality standards
- Project management including oversight of drafting personnel and coordination with internal and external customers
- Civil engineering
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science of Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word & Excel
• Experience with transportation engineering projects or desire to work within field
• Great communication skills
• Well organized with high ability to prioritize and multitask
• Exhibits sound judgment and knows when to consult others on decisions
• Ability to organize work and schedule to meet deadlines
• Able to work in team environment
• Able to operate in different work conditions such as on-site, off site, indoors and outdoors
• Self-directed, can work independently within the priorities and structure established by management
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072