Medical Reimbursement Representative
Posting ID: JP-002663402
• Reviews EOB/EOMB’s for proper reimbursement.
• Resolves electronic claim rejections and Explanation of Benefits denials in a timely manner.
• Reviews and researches insurance correspondence and makes necessary corrections to ensure claims payment.
• Follows up on unpaid/unresolved account balances, including claims rejected electronically, EOB denial and working A/R aging reports as directed. Provides insurance carriers with requested information to facilitate payment.
• Regularly contacts Medicare, Medicaid and /or Commercial payors for resolution to claims not paid or claims not paid according to plan benefits.
• Performs claim appeals as required; must be able to write their own appeal letters using prompt pay guidelines to argue/support the appeal.
• Assists with credit balance resolution.
• Completes re-bill request as necessary to facilitate timely and proper claims payment.
• Follows up on unresolved account balances including RTP’s.
• Prepares adjustment and write-off requests as necessary.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
• Researching problems with out of network collections.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• High School diploma or GED required.
• No less than two years of experience in health/medical collections.
• Heavy experience with out-of-network claims and appeals is desired.
• Must have analytical skills.
• Strong knowledge/experience using Microsoft Excel
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Cynthia Black