Accounts Payable Supervisor
Posting ID: JP-002659855
• Interviews prospective employees and chooses the best applicant based on skills, knowledge, and abilities required for the job.
• Trains and oversees employees involved in billing functions.
• Directs assigned tasks and provides assistance as needed.
• Assists with performance evaluations.
• Oversees reports regarding cash flow; ensures correct payments are made in a timely manner.
• Develops guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices to maintain general ledger expense account and inventory records.
• Analyzes expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
• Verifies payments before controllers signature is added by reviewing checks and vouchers.
• Reconciles accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors ledger).
• Facilitates correct and timely preparation of budget reports and purchase journals.
• Ensures proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
• Ensures employer identification numbers or social security numbers have been collected from all vendors for the payables clerk to prepare and submit 1099s.
• Ensures proper maintenance, filing, and storage of records in case of audits.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Lauren Abbott