Customer Service Representative-WFH/Hybrid
Posting ID: JP-002659470
- Customer service support by responding professionally to customer inquiries/issues received via phone, email or other communication devices and ensure that appropriate action is taken
- Research participant questions related to employee benefit plans; Provide technical support and assist customers in using web-based, employee self-service tools; Read and understand plan documents, amendments, online knowledge base tools and benefit administration systems while applying procedures and guidelines
- The Role As a Benefit Customer Service Representative you will have the rewarding opportunity to help our client members through the enrollment process and when making updates to their health care and/or pension plans.
- You will spend your day either on the phone, or providing assistance through webchat conversations and email.
- Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations by responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments via phone, email and instant message
- Ability to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities while maintaining professionalism, and diplomacy during difficult calls
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
- 40+ inbound calls
- Skillfully translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively using the English language in a customer service setting, including verbal and written communication skills in a grammatically correct way
- Ability to quickly assess member concerns and formulate a response/resolution using analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a structured environment - adhering, following protocols
- High level attention to detail, multi-tasking, and ability to organize work
- Experience using Microsoft Office with a strong ability to juggle multiple open computer windows to answer questions while on the phone/instant messaging
- Ability to work autonomously in a self-paced, self-motivated team environment
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to type 30 words a minute
- Must have excellent attendance and be punctual to work
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- High School degree required
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Aerial Allred