Posting ID: JP-002353668
THESE POSITIONS ARE OFFERING A $5000 ASSIGNMENT COMPLETION BONUS! If interested, please APPLY ASAP OR CALL (843) 972-1925!!
Supporting VC-25B program.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure and systems in accordance with standard repair processes
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Experience working as an aircraft mechanic
Willing and able to work any shift (Must be able & willing to work various shifts and / or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays; Mission requirements and / or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime)
High school diploma or GED and typically 3 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
Currently possess an FAA A&P License or Military Technical School equivalent
Computer skills experience including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic Microsoft Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel)
Experience reading and understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications
- $35 WITHOUT A&P License
- $40 WITH A&P License
- Per diem split available for those who qualify!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Bridget Hannigan
Phone: (843) 972-1925