Transportation Specialist II - 1st Shift - Lebanon, TN
World Wide Technology
Posted Friday, January 13, 2023
Posting ID: 5000918244106
Transportation Specialist II - 1st Shift - Lebanon, TN
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over 8,000 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the past ten years.
Why should you join the Logistics team?
WWT's Logistics and Supply Chain teams enable customers to meet specific challenges in product lead time, configuration, reducing delivery delays and shortening time-to-market for their products with supply chain solutions. With 3.4 million square feet across four facilities strategically located in St. Louis/ Southern Illinois Region. WWT is able to configure and ship more than 700,000 integrated systems a year around the world. WWT's focus is to simplify the process, becoming your single point of contact to design, build, test and deploy fully integrated IT systems on time.
Daily shipping execution (including but not limited to, load tendering, documentation preparation, track and trace and other daily logistical activities) related to both Domestic and International shipments originating from all WWT warehouse locations and other vendor and remote facilities. The position is also responsible to execute procedures related to export and import compliance consistent with accordance with global guidelines.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of the industry, including the key players and their success strategies.
- Develops an awareness of industry issues, including trends and challenges or concepts.
- Develops a broad understanding of industry products/services and their applications; distinguishes the pros, cons and implications of the options.
- Coaches others on how to utilize resources to maximize performance; modifies reports and tools in order to improve operational efficiency.
- Implements improvements that impact the quality of products, services and processes.
- Monitors and suggests methods for continuous improvement for the department; creates measures to check the accuracy of information for the team.
- Anticipates and recognizes bottlenecks in work processes between teams and makes suggestions for ongoing improvement.
- Leads implementation teams and ensures the successful execution of new ideas or approaches.
- Coordinates with team to define the measures of success for process improvements.
- Utilizes current tools and databases to organize, track and store information and devises plans for creation of new tools as needed.
- Shares information with other team members to ensure they have up-to-date knowledge of records management procedures and policies.
- Ensures that all office records are accurately entered in the records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Conducts a deep review of data and issues to quickly reveal the root cause of problem.
- Recommends interim and long-term solutions to complex problems to ensure successful resolution.
- Executes solutions to complex problems; guides the analysis of a problem all the way to a successful resolution.
- Demonstrates ability to manage several tasks and meet deliverables with minimal error.
- Determines the relative impact and urgency of individual tasks.
- Appropriately makes difficult trade-offs on time and resources when faced with conflicting demands and high priority deadlines.
- Demonstrates compelling rationale while explaining ideas to gain support in order to resolve issues and effectively influence others.
- Offers alternatives and suggestions to address areas of differences in order to find a common ground.
- Considers the situation from the point of view of the other party to identify a common ground; calculates the costs and benefits of possible solutions and the implications of not reaching an agreement.
- Keeps current on laws, controls and regulatory requirements framework and structure.
- Adheres to legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., reporting mandates, compliance requirements).
- Builds advanced knowledge of internal and external market control environments.
- Demonstrates comprehensive understanding of the company's financial and management accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Develops a depth of knowledge of the accounting principles for one or more disciplines (e.g., GAAP, Cost Accounting, Tax Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing).
- Demonstrates understanding of regulatory requirements and financial accounting standards (e.g., IFRS, FASB, SEC).
- Coordinates bringing together different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop solutions to issues, and contributes own suggestions.
- Thinks holistically to identify opportunities around policies/ processes to increase efficiency across organizational boundaries.
- Assists with a whole systems approach to analyzing issues by ensuring all components (structure, people, process and technology) are identified and accounted for.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Business or related field preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in both Domestic and International Logistics and Trade Compliance
- Ability to multi-task in a face paced environment.
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio application proficiency.
- Excellent communications skills
- Six Sigma/ Lean training a plus
- MRP experience a plus (Oracle or SAP)
- Knowledge of and experience US import and export regulations
- Must be fluent in English, any other language is a plus
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled.
Job Number: #23-0066
Posting Locations:La Vergne, Tennessee
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072