Lab Technician - Life Science
Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003777324
- Monitor and requisition or initiate in-house production of raw materials and supplies required to meet production schedules.
- Assure the proper use, cleaning, sanitization, maintenance, validation, calibration and certification of required equipment as appropriate.
- Understand and apply the concepts of aseptic technique.
- Generate and record all data and observations as required and complete all necessary calculations in compliance with company policies.
- Immediately notify supervisor or manager of any deviation from written production document or SOP.
- Maintain accurate data sheets, records, and logs in compliance with SOPs, OSHA requirements, and quality system requirements.
- Audit own paperwork daily for corrections, missing, and/or incomplete information.
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance and lab management including ordering of materials, cleaning and maintenance of laboratory equipment, cleaning lab area, environmental monitoring, and filling out proper paperwork.
- Assist, as required, in investigations for all product or process non-conformances including deviations, OOS, CAPA, or complaints.
- Assist in procedure reviews and document correction/improvement processes.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Exhibits ability to understand theory and critical parameters associated with assigned upstream and downstream bioprocessing of virus, antibody, and recombinant protein products.
- Understands and perform general laboratory techniques and procedures especially related to protein expression, virus propagation and purification. Previous experience with balances, pH meters, conductivity meters, spectrophotometers, FPLCs, and bioreactors preferred.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and report generated scientific data.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow all company production procedures, SOPs, and guidelines.
- Understand and apply aseptic technique.
- Rapidly adapts to changing priorities, effectively manages own time.
- Strong organizational skills, able to impact change and drive it.
- Proficient in technical writing, concise and accurate oral and written reporting of analytical and technical data and observations.
- Proficient understanding of math and data fitting procedures. Must be able to convert between units of measurement and perform step by step arithmetic calculations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution with a relevant scientific discipline such as Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Protein Chemistry etc. is preferred.
- Associates degree or High school diploma/GED and 3+ years of bioprocessing experience in a GMP facility is minimal requirement.
- Previous manufacturing or assembly experience in a quality regulated environment is desirable.